.

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Freezey Banana Thick Shakes

photo credit
Inspired by my sister's sugar-free banana mousse recipe, I created a new smoothie for my kiddies today and it's a total hit!

It contains pasturised cream though, so only for advanced full 'GAPS' dieters I'm afraid :0(
That said it's still probiotic, sugar free, grain free and delicious. You could probably leave out the cream, it just won't be as satisfying. You could probably use homemade sour cream as a replacement now that I come to think of it, for some extra probiotics.

You will need:

  • 3 frozen bananas (yeah, ordinary bananas will work, but you won't get that ice cream texture to your shake)
  • 500ml of kefir 
  • 250ml double cream 
  • 3 tsp of cinnamon
Blend it all together and enjoy. 

If you are not on a sugar free diet (or you are new to it) you may want to add a tablespoon or two of honey, but my kids and I enjoyed it just like this with the bananas for sweetness.
Also, whilst I would go organic on the dairy (if you can't get raw) and cinnamon (spices should always be organic as they are dried and concentrated which means any pesticides used are too!), bananas are a low spray crop, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting them organic. Just try to find some fairtrade ones if you can. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India