.

Monday, 3 September 2012

1000 gifts: Summer, Cut , Yellow

I'm totally behind on the 'One Thousand Gifts' thing it seems, but if like me you haven't heard of it until now, here's the trailer:


Well, it's already September and I just found out about it because a friend tweeted this:


I love being challenged to remember God's blessings, especially at this time of year. There's something about the autumn, with thanksgiving just around the corner, that makes me want to review all the good things in my life.

Figuring better late than never, I'm joining the challenge and here is my list for the first three days:

Gifts of Summer:
1. I'm thankful for the gorgeous summer weather we have today, even though it's technically September.
2. I'm thankful for the incredible harvest of food we've been able to grow in our garden.
3. I'm thankful for the summer holidays and the fact that my children and I get to enjoy so much time with their daddy.

Gifts of Cut:
1. I'm thankful for a little boy who thinks to cut flowers as a gift for his mama.
2. I'm thankful for the hair cut I just got. The girl who did it is not only lovely, but mobile, which means from now on she will come to my house and being able to get a haircut with two children will be soooooooo much easier!
3. I'm thankful for the seed pods I've been able to cut ready to dry today so that we can plant up our garden again next spring.

Gifts of Yellow:
1. I'm thankful for the beautiful yellow flowers on our courgette plants.
2. I'm thankful for the yellow writing that William did in his 'book of centuries' today and that he recalled so much information without prompting.
3. I'm thankful for my lovely new wellies, which are bright yellow!
photo credit

1 comments:

Jo Jo said...

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close. Send Gifts to Pakistan

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India