.

Monday, 10 September 2012

100 gifts: Catch up to ten

1000 Gifts Day ten

Three Gifts Given
1. I'm thankful for the Sharpies that my husband gave me. He went to buy me flowers, but saw these and thought I'd prefer them. He knows me so well.



2. I'm thankful for my elder sisters gift of allowing me to go and worship at church yesterday. The kids were exhausted from an exciting weekend and they were not on their best behavior, Christine dealt with five children under five, including a 6 month old baby, by herself and did not complain once. 

3. I'm thankful for the clothes that my baby sister and friend Robyn have given me. Having lost weight on GAPS I was struggling with a minimal wardrobe and not being able to afford to replace everything. These girls have been so incredibly generous that I feel I will not need to shop for clothes again until at least 2013!

Gift Made
I'm thankful for the 'house' my son made for me and him to cuddle in when he was feeling overwhelmed and exhausted this morning. It's a small thing, but it helps him feel calm and safe. 

Gift Masked
I'm thankful for the gift of God's protection for my daughter. It was masked by my fear this morning. I was attempting to fix the washing machine (which was flooding the kitchen) and hadn't noticed that she had climbed on top of the hob, got out a carving knife, and was calmly slicing and eating a peach. It was a miracle that she hadn't a) turned the hob on (this is a favourite habit of hers) or b) sliced her fingers open with the very sharp knife. 
photo credit
Gift Marveled
I marveled at the gift of God's presence last night. Despite being with a new band who had not played together before, and despite my playing being a little bit sketchy (mental note: practice more) God, in His mercy, gifted us with His tangible manifest presence in a way I have not experienced for a while. It was wonderful. 

Three Gifts Framed
1. I'm thankful for the list of biblical truths about my identity that my husband framed and put next to our bed.
2. I'm thankful for the new timetable we have on our fridge, it's bringing so much more structure to William's education.   
3. I'm thankful for this awesome tile that we have in our bathroom. It was a gift from my friend Kate, all the way from Dodge City, Kansas.



Three Gifts Moving
1. I'm thankful for my car. I've been signed off driving for medical reasons several times, and we've had a few cars that have died shortly after purchase, but this one has been very reliable. We don't use it often, but my sisters car broke when she was supposed to be coming to Bedford this weekend, but I was able to hop in the car and drive to her instead. I really appreciate having that flexibility. 
2. I'm thankful for my wriggly children. Despite the fact I regularly feel like they have too much energy(!) having both of them walking now and able to climb stairs by themselves makes my life so much easier.


3. I'm thankful for the buggy we have borrowed from my friend Sarah. My beautiful Leebruss pram has a broken frame, and whilst it's still useable, it doesn't fold anymore. Having a spare buggy that we can keep in the back of the car has been invaluable for holidays and visiting this summer. 
In case you were wondering how the frame  got broken...


1 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Send Gifts to Pakistan

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India