.

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Thin and crispy



Yesterday my husband ate a takeaway pizza. He did at least have the decency to wait until I was asleep, but he left the box in the kitchen bin to taunt me this morning.

Still, now that I had a pizza craving I decided I best work with it. We've made GAPS friendly pizza before using cauliflower to make the base, and it actually was really delicious. Doughy and thick, and with plenty of oregano it really does taste pizza like.


The problem was that Abel & Cole didn't send me any cauliflowers this week. A quick google search showed me that lots of people make coconut flour bases for their pizza's though, so I started to play.

If you want to bake your pizza in a square tray you can, but I have standards, so I used a cake pan with a push out bottom to shape my pizza.
Don't be put off by how green my pizza base is either. I used fresh herbs from our garden, but if you use the dried stuff it will be normal bread colour.

The ingredients you will need are:
  1. 4 eggs
  2. 1/4 coconut flour
  3. 1/4 homemade yoghurt
  4. 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
  5. 3 cloves garlic
  6. 2 tsp dried onions
  7. handful of fresh basil
  8. handful fresh oregano
  9. pinch of salt
Throw all the ingredients in a blender and whizz away. Line a baking tray (or cake pan) with baking parchment and spread your 'dough' (which looks more like paste) out nice and thin.

Bake it at 210c for about 12 minutes and it should be just starting to brown. At this point flip it onto a new baking parchment and allow to cool, or better yet, place on a tray in your dehydrator on it's lowest setting. This allows all the steam to escape and stops you getting a soggy bottom on your pizza.

Top with your favourite pizza sauce (look out for my homemade recipe which I will be posting tomorrow!) and toppings, smother with cheese and grill until golden and bubbling.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Excellent! Thank you very much :)

Katie-jo Gracie said...

Glad you like it :0)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India