.

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

English muffins

Hello Morning! It's 5:30am and I have a little time to spare whilst I wait for the some more muffins to prove, so I'm sat in a blanket on my sofa with a glass of juice and my laptop. I love these mornings. Funny how I never remember that once I get out of routine....
I know I said I was done with the sourdough recipes but, I have one more and, it's too good not to share!

I'd never made english muffins before, I noticed that Katie Riddle (RiddleLove) includes them as part of her wintery menu plan and I wanted to give it a go. They came out awesome, so here is the recipe I used.

  • 1 cup of sourdough starter
  • 2 1/4 cups of milk
  • 2 cups wholewheat flour
  • 2 1/2 cups sprouted grain spelt flour
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds (we dehydrated tons of these at thanksgiving)
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons of honey
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons of baking soda

Stir the first five ingredients together and leave in a covered bowl over night.

Stir in the rest of the ingredients and knead for a few minutes - you might want to oil up your hands/work surface, this is going to be messy! Then shape and cover for one more hour.

Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side and then pop on a baking tray.

Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.

Slice open and slather with ridiculously good salty butter.

Heaven.



2 comments:

The Adventurer said...

Thanks for following and I am following back. Welcome to NOBH. I just started making home made bread, never tried english muffins will add it to my things to try soon.

KJ said...

It's really easy, and they do taste fab. You can jazz it up with other dried goods instead of the pumpkin seeds. We had cheese and onion ones this morning and they were fab (dehydrated onions from the pantry).

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India