But if you have got plenty of sourdough that needs using up (and you just can't bear to throw out that cup every time you feed it) then this is the recipe for you. The best part is that it doesn't need a lot of prep/rise time, so you can make it for breakfast whilst your kids are getting dressed, even if you get up at the same time as them.
You will need:
- 2 cups of starter
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the water and baking soda
- Heat your pan
- Mix water and soda together and then fold into your mixture
- Ladel into your pan and flip when bubbles start to show through
- Serve with something delicious
We serve with everything from fresh fruit and maple syrup to chocolate spread and bananas, to peanut butter and yesterday Will had his with Marmite. Not that I'd recommend it, but just wanted you to know how versatile they are.
My favourite is serving them with Ice cream.
These really are the lightest, fluffiest, melt in your mouth pancakes you will ever cook, and you don't even need any milk.